30 June 2006

chateau la blancherie white bordeaux

This one is easy to review. Absolutely terrible!

I was about to pour it down the drain when Keel reminded me that we can cook with it. I guess it has a use after all. It wasn't corked, but had a steely bitter flavor that was unacceptable. I'm not sure if it could have gone "bad" in some other way. Nothing like a rotten cork that I could recognize. I picked it up at Union Square Wines when I was buying whites for the wedding party. This was an extra bottle that somehow escaped the massive consumption we accomplished that weekend. Nearly 8 cases of wine. Luckily, I didn't make the mistake of serving this at the wine and cheese tasting we concocted for ~60 guests. Avoid this crap wine at all costs. A slightly cheaper and better alternative, though nothing fancy, would be the easy to find Chateau Lamothe white bordeaux. Next time I find the need to drink an $8 bottle of white, I'll do it and post the review of the Ch. Lamothe here.

No comments: