26 September 2006

ch. st. andre chateauneuf-du-pape

My apologies for the harsh flash on this bottle of Chateauneuf-Du-Pape. We picked this up in what at first might seem the most unlikely of places, a deli grocery in Murren, Switzerland. Murren is only accessible by cable car. However, given stone's throw proximity to France it no wonder I was picking up French wines in the grocery to try out. This bottle managed to escape our drinking and made it home to New York where we tested it out for dinner. As far as CDP goes, this was not what I was expecting. But then again, before this $12 bottle, I hadn't had a CDP under $30, so maybe that should tell me something. All I can say is, you get what you pay for, even on the French border. Maybe my impression of overpriced CDP in New York is changing. Maybe they really are worth the high dollar.

No comments: