18 September 2006

swiss wine


My apologies for not posting recently, as the lack of posting definitely does not reflect any lack of wine consumption. Rather, I've been in Switzerland for the last 10 days and spent quite of bit of it diligently tasting Swiss wines in the Southern French speaking regions. In particular, Keely and I were lucky enough to stumble across a once a year wine tasting event in the Vaud canton of Switzerland called the Route Gourmand. It is held in the wine fields of Vevey-Montreaux surrounding Lake Geneva looking across to France. The experience was the most incredible wine tasting event of my life, and I do not write that lightly. I'll explain more in subsequent posts.

I have notes from all the wines I tasted, that is until I couldn't reasonably taste anymore. There will be many details coming in the next week, once I recover from the backlog of work I left myself with this mini working vacation. In the meantime, feast your eyes on the fun and I'll return soon with more Swiss wine tasting notes than you can likely handle.

No comments: